TORONTO — Women of Influence gathered together from across the country for the annual RBC Canadian Women Entrepreneur Awards held at the Fairmont Royal York.
The evening began with a red carpet:
The Women of Influence Red Carpet was hosted by Cheryl Hickey:
Then, the Gala began.
We had an amazing table centre:
The entire look and theme was Silver including even silver chairs that had been brought in to the Fairmont Royal York especially from the occasion:
TEC, one of the sponsors, had even placed little gifts on the place settings.
There were live tweets on jumbo screens thoughtout the evening
The food was marvelous as always. Check out the dessert which was truly the piece de resistance.
“RBC is honoured to partner with women entrepreneurs—the creators, innovators and problem solvers that drive business success in Canada,” says Greg Grice, executive vice-president, Business Financial Services, RBC. “These awards are one way we are able to place a spotlight on the passion, dedication and contributions of these exceptional business women. It demonstrates the leadership role they have in the business community and how they inspire the next generation of Canadian entrepreneurs to pursue their dreams.”
Women of Influence selects an independent panel of judges that is comprised of top Canadian business leaders who participate in the selection process that garnered more than 6400 applications. Ultimately, the three finalists in each category are presented at the award ceremony where the Award of Excellence winners are announced at the gala reception.
- Award winners included:
• Geneviève Lévesque, Artêria Gallery, Bromont, Que. — Micro-Business Award
• Trina Bailey, Bailey Veterinary Surgical Specialty Ltd., Mount Pearl, N.L. — Staples Start-Up Award
• Mandy Rennehan, Freschco, Oakville, Ont. — RBC Momentum Award
• Melissa Sariffodeen, Ladies Learning Code, Toronto — Social Change Award
• Claudia Sjoberg, The Pedalheads Group, Vancouver — TELUS Trailblazer Award
- Janet Zuccarini – TEC Award for Excellence in Entrepreneurship.
The RBC Award of Excellence celebrates entrepreneurial excellence by recognizing those whose ingenuity, spirit of innovation, and discipline have propelled their respective companies to huge success and have positively impacted their industries and communities.
Latest posts by TUDawood (see all)
- Colby Lang Moran wins 2018 LADIESFUND National Women’s Show contest - November 9, 2018
- LADIESFUND NATIONAL WOMEN’S SHOW CONTEST - November 5, 2018
- LADIESFUND CANADA Supports National Women’s Show - November 2, 2018